20 years + of dedication
Sergeant Major Wiremu Moffitt joined New Zealand Army in 1990 as a Regular Force Cadet. After he graduated, he worked as an instructor at the Waiouru Training Depot. He became a rifleman with 1st Battalion, Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment afterwards.
WO1 Moffitt has participated in many Troop, Squadron, and Regimental level appointments over the years, such as:
- a wide range of operator roles in the counter-terrorism and special reconnaissance fields
- team-leader appointments in training, liaison and operational roles
- senior Training Sergeant Major
- Regimental Sergeant Major, 1 NZSAS Regiment
- Command Sergeant Major - Special Operations Command
- Warrant Officer - Joint Forces at HQ Joint Forces New Zealand at Trentham, Wellington.
He's served in Bougainville, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste (East Timor), and Afghanistan.
A passion for education
WO1 Moffitt graduated from the New Zealand Warrant Officer Promotion Course in 2007. He also:
- graduated the Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Advisor program in Tampa, Florida
- graduated on the Commanders List in Florida
- completed the NZ Joint Warrant Officer Advanced Course (JWOAC)
- completed the National Defense University – Joint Forces Keystone program.