Warrant Officer Class One Wiremu Moffitt
Sergeant Major Of The Army
The Sergeant Major of the New Zealand Army is the most senior soldier. He advises the Chief of Army on training, management, and wellbeing of our soldiers.
20 years + of dedication
Sergeant Major Wiremu Moffitt joined New Zealand Army in 1990 as a Regular Force Cadet. After he graduated, he worked as an instructor at the Waiouru Training Depot. He became a rifleman with 1st Battalion, Royal New Zealand Infantry Regiment afterwards.
WO1 Moffitt has participated in many Troop, Squadron, and Regimental level appointments over the years, such as:
- a wide range of operator roles in the counter-terrorism and special reconnaissance fields
- team-leader appointments in training, liaison and operational roles
- senior Training Sergeant Major
- Regimental Sergeant Major, 1 NZSAS Regiment
- Command Sergeant Major - Special Operations Command
- Warrant Officer - Joint Forces at HQ Joint Forces New Zealand at Trentham, Wellington.
He's served in Bougainville, Solomon Islands, Timor Leste (East Timor), and Afghanistan.
A passion for education
WO1 Moffitt graduated from the New Zealand Warrant Officer Promotion Course in 2007. He also:
- graduated the Joint Special Operations Forces Senior Enlisted Advisor program in Tampa, Florida
- graduated on the Commanders List in Florida
- completed the NZ Joint Warrant Officer Advanced Course (JWOAC)
- completed the National Defense University – Joint Forces Keystone program.