Latest changes and information on this site.
- The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) has joined the search for three Kiribati fishermen who failed to return from an overnight fishing trip four days ago.
NZDF Helps Search for Three Missing Kiribati Fishermen
- The Royal New Zealand Air Force (RNZAF) showcases its capability and personnel to the public at big events around the country each year and the 2018 display season is set to be one of the best.
Air Force Personnel to Show Their Skills
- A New Zealand Army driver who has trucked cargo through the heat of the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt is going to the other extreme, leading a team of 20 experienced drivers from the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) in Antarctica.
Experienced NZDF Drivers Head to Antarctica
Latest Public Documents
- As required by the Public Finance Act 1989, the New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) produces an annual report for the House of Representatives. This provides a report on the NZDF's strategic initiatives, output expenses, and financial performance for the year under review.
Annual Report for the year ended 30 June 2017 [pdf | 1.81Mb | 174 pages]
- Briefing to the Incoming Minister: This joint briefing was provided to the incoming Minister of Defence, Hon Mark Mitchell, in April 2017. Produced by the New Zealand Defence Force and Ministry of Defence, it provides background on the Defence portfolio and upcoming work programme.
Briefing to the Incoming Minister [pdf | 1.83 MB | 35 pages]
- The Defence White Paper 2016 was released by the Ministry of Defence on 8 June 2016. It sets out the Government’s expectations for Defence over the coming decades.
Defence White Paper 21016 [pdf | 1.43mb | 40 pages]
- Under statute - the Public Finance Act 1989 - all government departments and agencies are required to produce a Statement of Intent. The New Zealand Defence Force (NZDF) Statement of Intent is a medium-term strategic document produced annually and tabled in the House of Representatives every year. Essentially, as the title implies, the SOI provides a summary of what the NZDF intends to achieve over the medium term (three to five years) and how it intends to do this.
New Zealand Defence Force - Statement of Intent for the period 1 July 2015- 30 June 2018 [pdf | 1.68mb | 40 pages]
- The 2016 Defence Capability Plan outlines the investment in capability required to deliver the force structure of the Defence White Paper 2016. It is the primary vehicle for the Government to communicate its defence capability priorities to the public, industry, and international partners.
Defence Capability Plan 2016 [pdf | 5.29mb | 86 pages]