It is both the intent and the commitment of New Zealand Defence Force to comply with the SSC Web Guidelines. NZDF believes that the web standards for public sites are necessary and ensure that all web users requiring access to NZDF sites and online services have the best possible experience regardless of bandwidth and browser.
NZDF has embarked on a site upgrade process to ensure that the guidelines are met. All public sites, nzdf.mil.nz, airforce.mil.nz, navy.mil.nz, army.mil.nz, cadetforces.mil.nz and veteransaffairs.mil.nz have been upgraded or are in the process of being upgraded to meet the guidelines, web good practice and accessibility in general.
Chief Information Office
23 June 2005
Statement of Position
New Zealand Defence Force has conducted a self-audit for compliance against the Web Guidelines Ver 2.1 compliance documentation.
At this time the NZDF web site complies with most relevant requirements and is working towards compliance with all requirements.
Should requirements not yet complied with:
- Major Navigation labels in both English and Maori
- Key web pages in both English and Maori.
Must requirements not yet complied with:
Web document markup
- Requirement 6.3.3 – the primary format for content is HTML, the NZDF site currently has a large number of documents which are in pdf format. Over the coming year these will be replaced with HTML documents, the pdf file will be retained should the site visitor want to print a copy. Site visitors may use our feedback form to request a printed copy of the document which will be mailed.
- Due to the complexities of official documents many pdf files exceed the recommended maximum size of 300kb. Site visitors may use our feedback form and request a printed copy of the document which will be mailed.
- Pdf files are not made available in a compressed file format.
- PDF files supplied by a third party and not authored by NZDF will not be converted to HTML.
- Future PDF files will follow the Acrobat Accessibility Guidelines.
If you would like to contact us for further information please either use our contact form or telephone the NZDF Webmaster on 04-237 1830.
This page was last reviewed on 08 June 2006 and is current.